Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

P16 Shooting high

Retread1911

HEy Guys, I am preparing to take my P16 to Big Dawg the end of this month and have noticed with my steel loads it is shooting 4 inches high at 50 feet. I am looking to replace the sites with some Fiber Optic instered versions from Dawson to correct the issue but then I am afraid my IPSC loads will shoot low.

Anyone having this issue with their gun? Different POI for different PF loads? Yes my gun has an adjustable rear sight and I 4" is the middle of the road setting the lowest I can get is about 3 and the most is about 5

Thanks

George

you shooting the same bullet ? I have found if I develop a 170pf load with a 180 gr bullet. Then do nothing else to my press, and just switch to the same type 155 bullet I and up with a 145 ish pf load that still cycles and hits the same spot.

If All I was going to shoot out this gun was steel loads I would agree and replace the sights. I have already done the math and picked out a nice set from Dawsons site.

The problem is that if I change it to make the steel loads work when I go back to IPSC loads they will presumably hit low. I think the answer is I need to build a dedicated Steel gun and keep the IPSC gun sighted with the Major PF loads.

While I am dreaming of new custome built steel guns I am going to try the lighter bullets to see if I can move the point of impact down.