Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Have they documented the metal disorder that many of us have?

I just got a Mossberg 930JM and DuaLoad 6-ups. I milled out the loading port and was just trying it out. So I'm in my kitchen wearing boxers and a 3-gun belt, racing a par time on a timer....

After about 10 mins, I had to take a break because I was getting pretty shaky from the adrenaline dump... Just from goofing around racing a timer at home... :unsure:

There have to got be wires crossed in my head that make me respond to any kind of competition this way. :roflol:

I am not sure on the disorder name. Certainly obsessive to some degree.

I too have been caught in my underwear drawing agains the par timer. Never thought the wife would hear it all the way I. The basement. Scared the crap out of me when she opened the door at 1 AM.

It's pretty a pretty common affliction for those of us that frequent this board. there are different degrees of it:

IWannaShootItis- the feeling of needing to shoot to be happy

sometimes the symptoms are alleviated with therapy, sometimes not

Lead Deficinecy- When you don't get to the range as much as you need to.

Tinnitus- setting off your comped 3 gun rifle without double plugs

Wallet-Ectomy- The procedure you need when you buy a new open/limited gun. seen to a lesser degree when you just buy a mag or 3.

Hope this guide helps you diagnose. As always, the cure is more shooting, and MORE COWBELL!!!!

Dr. Steviesterno

Oh wow. Here I am wondering if it's possible to rig my belt up to my pajamas and I come across this :roflol:

"Look honey, there are others just like me! Now I know I'm not crazy!" that's not going to work on my wife much longer if she figures out that it's actually a disorder support group here.

By the way, at least by practicing in your skivvies you will never be frightened by the nightmare of showing up to the range with no pants. Skivvies only COF?!?.... Sweet I got this one in the bag fellas.

Metal Disorder?

I know the best cure for rusty skills is dry fire practice. It seemes to work best the less clothes you wear. Really hairy shooters may find it best to forego using an inner belt.

I'll be here all week. It's a different show every night. Remember to tip you waitress.

I am not sure on the disorder name. Certainly obsessive to some degree.

I too have been caught in my underwear drawing agains the par timer. Never thought the wife would hear it all the way I. The basement. Scared the crap out of me when she opened the door at 1 AM.

Just wait till you Capp on off in the basement...

"Look honey, there are others just like me! Now I know I'm not crazy!" that's not going to work on my wife much longer if she figures out that it's actually a disorder support group here.

Just explain that there are really two good ways to get over this.

One is to immerse yourself in it until such time as it gets boring - the more deeply immersed you get, the quicker it will become boring. Do not use gorging on chocolate as an example, that doesn't work.

The other is to re-channel you interest into something else. Motorcycles, drinking, or strippers seem to work well. A combination of the three works even better.