Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

eotech 512 & customer service

colbyjack

Bought a eotech used at a decent price. Looked like new not abused had box and all paperwork. Dot looked bright. I never used or seen a Eotech first hand prior. Well shot it in a match and under full sun the dot disappears. Build date is 2006. Called Eotech and the said the electronics is going out. Send it in and we can turn it in a week. But its out of warranty and we need $79 to fix it. I mailed it in and they got it last Wednesday. Lets see if they stick to their word and can turn it by the weekend. I hope the warrenty work lasts and dont burn out. Does any know if i get a warranty on repair work? I hope this thing is alot brighter when i get it back. Im getting excited to shoot my new gun.... lol

I'm sure you already knew this, but I just want to throw it out there. You did turn it up, right? When you turn the sight on, it's at a middle setting, and in bright sunlight, you might have to toggle up 5 or 6 positions before you can even see it. If you turned it on initially in the shade (or inside)where you can see the reticle just fine, and then went outside without toggling up, the dot would appear to have disappeared. Again, I don't want to insult your inteligence, but I've had cops I teach not realize it worked like that.

Edited by RAZZ

Yeah it was like it just wouldnt turn up past half way.

Well got home and it was delivered today. Buttons work better, can feel the clicks now. The adjustments have clicks and before it didnt. And it can go so bright it hurts your eyes. Can aim at a floresaint light and turn it up and still see it. Before on high it would wash out. Looks like i got new battery case and rubber gasket and new battery prongs. They put on a new shield, mine had a scratch.

Im very happy with their customer service. They said $79 as of now they havent ran my card. Maybe they wont charge me...... we will wait and see. So far great customer service. Now i need to go sight it in.

Wow, that's strange. I've never seen one die like that. The most common issues I've seen is with the old ones where under recoil they turn off. They have since redesigned the little "dog bone" part in the back to keep that from happening. They have an upgrade kit that should be no cost to fix that.

Glad to see you have it back and running!