Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

buried bomar type sights on a P226

blaster113

Dont really care for the options out there for us P226 owners desiring adjustable sights. Just put the Dawson/Warren combo on my gun and it shoots a few inches low now. Ordered the recommended height front sight per the Dawson website. This is making me think about going with adjustable sights. as adequate as fixed sights are the precision adjustables give are sure nice. I saw a picture on the CZ Custom website of a CZ75 with a buried LPA Bomar type rear. also Matt Cheely does a buried Bomar type sight on Glocks. that would be awesome on a P226. curious to see if anyone has done this or seen this done on a SIG.

Edited by blaster113

Took too much out of the slide to get good adjustment. I had it done to a spare slide. Front sight is ridiculously high and there was not one made in the Sig category. XD sight had same cut.

All I truly gained was a wider notch on the rear.

Have you looked at the MMC?

The only ones I have done are the LPA with the overhung rear to keep the front sight height close to original so the gun will fit the holsters. The overhung LPA is ugly but functional. Looks a lot better on a CZ because the dovetail is further forward on the slide than on the SIG.

If you are not in to ugly, you won't like this. The rear notch is also very small compared to the X-5 factory adjustable rear. I use a 0.110" wide by 0.170" tall front with this one.

i-K43fBqp-L.jpg

Joe

Edited by Joe L

thought about the MMC sights but dont like how high the front post is. I wonder if SIG would sell me an X5 or X6 rear sight and have that milled into the slide.

Edited by blaster113

I have a 226 elite 9mm,,,,,,it came with the MMC adj. night sights. I have installed a #8 TFO and a dawson #8 fiber optic front sight @ .160 sight height. Both of these have worked great with the MMC adj. rear sight, with plenty of adjustment left up or down.

The cool thing about the MMC is,,,, you adjust windage by just loosening the set screws,,, there is no need for a punch or a sight pusher,,,,it will slide back an forth rather easily, just be sure an use some blue lock tight on the set screws or they will loosen up on you

Also, by using the #8 TFO or dawson, you will get the same combat sight picture as factory,,,, Sig CS told me that the MMC is adj. for #7,8,9,,,i think you could use a #6 also.... hope this helps.

Edited by Gunfighter01

I may go with Heinie sights after stumbling across their website. Anyone try these? They have a "50+" option with a wider notch rear sight for us half blind guys and a Dawson FO front. Sounds like a cherry competitive shooter setup. I wonder what the point of aim/impact is going to be like. The rear sight looks almost like a Bomar, only thing no adjustability.