Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hello from San Antonio

nmcferro

Hey fellow shooters!

What a great forum! I have been shooting USPSA for a few years now and as my handle indicates I like CZ's. Although this year I have switched to a XDm 5.25 .40 shooting in limited. I am in the hunt for a used STI edge at a good price and have been diligently watching the classifieds here on the forum. Being in the Alamo city gives me the opportunity to be able to shoot a match of some sort every weekend if not more, it is a great place for competitions and great competitors alike. I was a little afraid in the beginning about being the only or one of the few ladies shooting. My fear was unfounded, all the fellas treat me great and I love hanging out with them at the matches, they have taught me so much about shooting (and other things too)! Our area shoots have seen a big rise in the number of female competitors this past year due to the recent formation of a club called A Girl and A Gun. This club encourages women to become involved in the shooting sports and is spreading like wildfire, there are already many local clubs in Texas and they are starting to go national! Fellas, get your ladies invloved, especially your daughters! I am a mid range C shooter who is a little on the older and heavier side, but my goal is to make it to a B classification by the end of next year. Good luck to all of you and maybe I will see you at the range!

Nancy, Glad to see you on the Forum. You have been improving steadily and I think B is within easy reach for you, just keep working at it.

That multi top CZ you have is a great gun, but I undestand the urge for the STI, I went the same direction 4 years ago selling the CZ TS and going with an Edge.

Ted has the perfect gun SVI 9/40 I sold him a couple years ago, he wants to turn it into an open gun, bad idea, wrong fram etc, so I'm going to work with him on an open gun then maybe he will sell it. It is a custom build I was stupid to ever sell it but I bought an open gun with the money go figure.

See ya at the Range.

Ron