Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Speed Timer 3000 usage?

Cburlette

I received a Speedtimer 3000 for fathers day and I am having a difficult time figuring out its operation. The instructions are not particularly clear, and the fact that you use one button for all functions actually seams to make it more difficult to use than the CED 7000 I am familiar with.

My main question is, do I have to hold the CTRL (control) button for 3 seconds before every string of fire? I want to use the Range Officer mode for IDPA matches, as well as the delayed start for practice.

Thanks

Craig

Took the speed timer to the range today, got a good chance to run it and check it out fully. I don't think I like having to hold the button for 3 seconds while it resets. It is nice and loud, works great even if you are double plugged, but I may have to go with a CED.

Craig

Craig,

yep. Tap the button for a three second delay, or hold the button until the display changes. It's a great timer for running shooters; I don't know that I'd love it as a practice timer....

The SpeedTimer is probably the simplest timer to use for matches, but it's not a good tool for personal use.

During a match, you mash down on the button before saying Standby and then release it a couple seconds later. It's really hard to mess up with it.

And, it's LOUD!!! You ought to see me jump if I set one of those off by accident in my basement when I'm checking them before a match.