Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hello from Mid MO

sumo

I am working on moving up from single stack to limited this year in matches. Recently bought a tuned Para P18-9 and will be leaving my single stack at on match days. I have been shooting IDPA and USPSA on and off for the last three years and have decided to become serious about USPSA. I have been instructing Conceal Carry classes here for the last four years and was a firearms instructor for the Sheriff's department for last five years. I retired from the department on December 31st and began working for another county office. Trying to build my experience and hope to better myself every match. Now to work on equipment and mags for the Para.

Don't know where your located in Mid Mo but there are several great clubs and matches to shoot just about every weekend depending on how far you want to drive. COPS near Rolla have both steel and USPSA events monthly. I host several classes each month and often use the COPS facility for those as well. Need anything as you start to take it serious don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks Jim I happen to live in Columbia and have been a member of Green Valley for the last five years. I just shot a match yesterday there and had a great day. Only one hit on a no shoot and no mikes. Gun ran liked a sewing machine. Very happy now to buy some good mag carriers and such.

If you want to drive a little there are:

MillCreek in DeSoto, KS

Lafayette Gun Club in Higginsville, MO

United Sportsman in Jefferson City, MO

Pioneer Gun Club near Holden, MO

Green Valley in Columbia, MO

CMMG puts on a monthly 3gun too, in Fayette I think?

Welcome to another Para Shooter. I shoot a P16 limited (Canadian Made) in the limited division. One handicap you will face with the P18 is the requirement to stay Minor. The only division you can make major PF with a 9mm is the open division. And while the P18 may handle the ammo I suspect the frame to slide fit is too loose to run frame mounted optics.

Still no problem shooting Limited Minor just have to be a touch more accurate.

Cheers and welcome to another para shooter.

Retread

This may be every Para shooter in the sport posting here in this thread. ;)

Welcome, and if that gun runs just shoot and enjoy it. You can worry about PF after you're comfortable in Limited!

This may be every Para shooter in the sport posting here in this thread. ;)

Welcome, and if that gun runs just shoot and enjoy it. You can worry about PF after you're comfortable in Limited!

Absolutely true. The challenge is the mags are the same price as STI mags. When you are starting it really doesn't matter if you are shooting major or minor power factor but unless you have the ability to buy another gun in a year it would be good to have the information before spending a several hundred dollars on mags and then buy something they wont work in in a year.

BTW the are 4 of us :grin:

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...