Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

PRP integral trigger stop trigger

duhbob

Can this trigger be used in Production Division for real?

PRP Trigger ad, Quote:

"This is the trigger that comes in our ultimate line of trigger kits. This trigger is a Springfield Armory OEM part available on production XD and XDM pistols from the factory (see APPENDIX D4 — 21.6 Production Division rules)".

This product has earned the American Pistolsmiths Guild Seal of Approval.

PRP Trigger

• 3 weeks later...

I put one of these in my XD45 Tactical (combined with a Springer drop-in kit). Absolutely love what it did to my trigger pull.

Edited by Gryff

It being a factory part, or "production" part, would make it legal for production division shooting.

I don't think it's a factory part, since it has a built-in external (visible) trigger stop that the factory trigger doesn't.

It being a factory part, or "production" part, would make it legal for production division shooting.

I don't think it's a factory part, since it has a built-in external (visible) trigger stop that the factory trigger doesn't.

It is considered OEM. It is production 100% legal.

Yeah, I read that. But what I meant was that I don't think that this is a factory produced part. I wonder if PRP sells these to the SA Custom Shop for their trigger mods. That would give it "OEM" status.

Yeah, I read that. But what I meant was that I don't think that this is a factory produced part. I wonder if PRP sells these to the SA Custom Shop for their trigger mods. That would give it "OEM" status.

Last week at a local match, this conversation came up again, and it was said by a "rules nazi" friend (with some authority) that PRP does sell the trigger stop trigger to Springfield...They in turn put these in some of their new guns at the Springfield factory.