Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Double Tap Match Critique

DWFAN

Here's my video from Double Tap. Overall I was pleased with my performance, I had no major meltdowns and shot 89.xx% of points after my Mike/NS. I was however slightly disappointed to see I shot more points than 2nd-12th place finishers, but got my butt handed to me on speed. I did finish 2nd A and 13th overall in Production.

Besides the items I've figured out, what are a couple other big things I need to work on ?

Things I noticed, or were pointed out to me during the match:

-Call more(all) shots. It was mentioned to me that I look for hits, and after watching the video, yep I did it more than I thought.

-Extra reloads. On 2 stages(walk the plank and another one), I reloaded unintentionally during a brainfart. Another stage, unloaded start, my plan was to shoot to 10, and reload. Well, dummy me made up a C with a C, and had to do a standing reload.

-Extra shots on steel(and paper). I didnt feel my extra shots were excessive, but I had some and they add up.

-MOVE! Some stages I "thought" I was moving quickly, but watching the video it looked like I was out for a leisurely stroll.

-Physical fitness. Pretty self explanatory.

Any other tips or practice suggestions are appreciated. :cheers:

I agree on the moving, be very aggressive in between the shooting positions. Get to the next position with a purpose!

Seen a reload that took some time and you were still finishing the reload and where already at the next shooting postion. Get the reload done, so when you are at the next shooting position, the gun is up and you are ready to fire. Stage 1, first reload is what caught my eye.

You had really good hits it seemed, plenty of A's.

I know how you feel on the points, my last big match I shot 87% and the 1st place shot 82%, as you did I also finished 13th.

On walk the plank, was it a procedural to step onto the ground?

In a start w/ gun holstered, I always believe draw/run simul is more effecient than draw then run or run then drawing while approaching the shooting position. I like my drawing arm move simul w/ my lead foot for the 1st step.

Edited by BoyGlock

I agree on the moving, be very aggressive in between the shooting positions. Get to the next position with a purpose!

Seen a reload that took some time and you were still finishing the reload and where already at the next shooting postion. Get the reload done, so when you are at the next shooting position, the gun is up and you are ready to fire. Stage 1, first reload is what caught my eye.

You had really good hits it seemed, plenty of A's.

I know how you feel on the points, my last big match I shot 87% and the 1st place shot 82%, as you did I also finished 13th.

On walk the plank, was it a procedural to step onto the ground?

Thanks. Yes, 1PE to step off, and a forbidden action to step off and re-enter at a different point.