Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

WFT Trimmer

mcracco

I have one for 308 and I like it. It takes a few tries to get used to, but after you get the feel, it's fine. It does not have the 3-way cutting head, so you will have to chamfer/debur after you trim, but I find its no big deal.

I use mine for precision 308 loads and after you get it set up and get a feel for it, you can get cases within .001" of each other.

Not a bad litle cutter for $70. I am going to get one in .223 later this year. I don't shoot enough rifle to justify a Giraud just yet either.

I have one for 308 and I like it. It takes a few tries to get used to, but after you get the feel, it's fine. It does not have the 3-way cutting head, so you will have to chamfer/debur after you trim, but I find its no big deal.

I use mine for precision 308 loads and after you get it set up and get a feel for it, you can get cases within .001" of each other.

Not a bad litle cutter for $70. I am going to get one in .223 later this year. I don't shoot enough rifle to justify a Giraud just yet either.

Last time we talked about this...

• 2 weeks later...

Response I posted on the other thread;

I have a WFT trimmer for .223 and a Possum Hollow trimmer for .308. They both get the job done but I think the WFT is a better trimmer. The Possum Hollow trimmer leaves scratches around the body of the case where it rubs while trimming. The WFT rotates internally so it doesn't do this. Probably just aesthetics and a non-issue as far as case life is concerned but that is really the only difference that I can see in the two trimmers other than the price.