Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Production Gun Rules

PKT1106

Thanks for the feedback Kevin. I'm going to switch guns for production so I don't have any "legal" problems. Darn thing won't function for me in stock config. I guess the FN is just a steel gun now.

Thanks for the feedback Kevin. I'm going to switch guns for production so I don't have any "legal" problems. Darn thing won't function for me in stock config. I guess the FN is just a steel gun now.

Production can be stifling when it comes to modification does and dont's. Nik or one of the other more senior Range Official types taught me that maybe summer before last when I thought it would look cool to polish my barrel on my M&P Pro. I had seen others do it but had it pointed out to me as actually being prohibited. You can polish slides and even paint the gun but nothing in the rule book allows for a modified barrel. I think that is very close to the time I became more involved in learning the rules and becoming an RO. cheers.gif

And just so you know, I was in know way trying to give you a hard time about your gun and probably nobody would ever notice most small things on a Production gun. The problem is that when things get approved locally and then you fork out $500 to go to an area match and an RO says something like, Dude, I think that part is prohibited and I'm going to have to call the RM. Shooting in Open with a 17 round mag is no fun at all.

No offense taken.

I agree, better to find out here than on the road at a major.

I've missed the section RO training 2 years in a row. It gets scheduled for a summer weekend when I'm out of town. I may have to travel to one in the winter.

John Amidon back tracked on his previous statement about removing a decock lever. He said he remembered FN making a model with a single lever in the past but after checking today it never made the Production gun list.

I ordered a DOH for my Walther P99. Thanks everyone!

Let me be clear that this is not a thread about Mr Amidon. I started this thread to let people know the information I recieved about Production Division gun rules that some people, like me, may not have known. More specifically, a production gun must be a complete gun with no parts missing, whether critical or non-critical.

Randy

A69388