Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Range report for a CZ-75B after a week with the SIGs

Joe L

The triggers are so different on my CZ-75B compared to the P226 DA/SA SIGs that I stopped shooting the CZ for a little over a week to concentrate on shaking down two new SIGs. I've worked over the triggers/sights/springs on the guns and finally got them where I want them, so, today, finally got back to shooting my neglected CZ-75B with CGW trigger parts. This gun is otherwise a plain CZ-75B DA/SA converted to SAO. I can still shoot this gun pretty well cold, thanks to the great CZ barrel and slide fit and the CGW trigger parts. I've have less trouble switching guns the closer the triggers are between the SIG and the CZ. I still have a little work to do on the SIGs.

i-hP299qS-M.jpg

Joe

I've cut down the hammer hooks and polished the sear/hammer hook contact areas to get the single action pull on two P226's down to 3 lb 9 oz. Will try that today and see how it works. I think it will be a good improvement over the worn in 4 to 4-1/2 lb creepy pull I've learned to shoot with the SIGs. The X-5 and the CZ-75 CGW guns have spoiled me, I'm afraid.

Joe

Modified trigger and sear on the P226 Stainless Steel Elite worked pretty darn well, almost as good as the CZ! This is from 20 yards, standing, two-handed grip, 10 rounds on a 3"x3" piece of tape.

i-FjnbDD3-M.jpg

Joe

Put 270 rounds through the CZ-75B this morning. The CZ is simply easier to shoot well than the SIGs. I'm getting the SIGs closer but, if i could only have one, it would be the CZ, I'm afraid.

Joe

Here's 50 rounds through the CZ at 25 yards. Cards are 3"x4", shot standing, two handed grip, strong side. I hit the cards with 44 of 50 rounds with the CZ, 36-38 with the SIGs. I can still shoot the CZ better than the SIGs.

i-Cb44KPs-L.jpg

They are all good, however. And I shot 200 rounds of 22LR with the CZ frame yesterday, may have been a "slight" advantage.

Joe

I've read a number of times where some believe the CZ is a knock off of the Browning. I actually took a CZ75B, a High Power and a SIG P210 apart and laid them next to each other.

If CZ borrowed anything from anyone it was the SIG P210, The full length internal rails, very low bore center closer to hand, grip angle, slide stop, barrel riffling.

I've a SIG 226 Elite .40/.357 which I carry for defense and will until I find one of the Fire Dragon CZ .357 Sig barrels to put in a SP01 Tactical to carry.

The Sig's P22? grip angle is a bit more vertical than the CZ's and the Sig P210. Also because of the location of the slide stop on the P22? you can not get your hands up anywhere near where you can on the CZ or P210.

Jeff Cooper claimed the CZ 75 was the best and most accurate 9mm in the world. I don't generally go with what others claim, but in this case I think he is dead on...