Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New sight advice?

BobS761

I've done a search and researched different sight options, and kind of know what I would like. Here is the problem, there are not really any gunsmiths in my area, and no way to try or even look at different sight setups. I have no confidence in my factory sights. I like the looks of Dawson adjustable rear with a green FO front blade. I guess my question is, since I have to send the pistol off, are there any FFL issues? Also, does one send the whole firearm or just the slide? And lastly, are there different notch and blade width options, as well as sight height?

Thanks,

B

A lot depends on the pistol. If your gun is shooting where you want now, you just want to replace the stock sights with fiber optics, call Dawson and tell them what you want. They'll give you good advise. Then, just send the slide to them and they'll do the work. Price is very reasonable and since it's just the slide, shipping isn't bad either.

I have replaced the sights on all my M&Ps and STI pistols with Dawson adjustable green F/O rear and red F/O front. I really like the contrast when getting the front sight on target. On my XD carry pistol, I replaced the sights with the TFO sights to give me a good sight picture in the day and night.

Yeah KMCA, you must be talking about how tight the sights are. I had a tough time and it took me hours to finally get them out and the new ones on. I also broke a piece on my sight pusher getting the rear out.

Yeah KMCA, you must be talking about how tight the sights are. I had a tough time and it took me hours to finally get them out and the new ones on. I also broke a piece on my sight pusher getting the rear out.

The smith I took it to, milled out the old sight...and he yelled at me and swore he'd never do another XD. :)