Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

my first grip reduction

Mat Price

I have done paint and stipple jobs but never attempted a reduction. I used a standard STI main spring housing so I could shape it to my palm just like i wanted. Its not much bigger around than a single stack now.

can't wait to get on my blaster!

grip4.jpg

grip1.jpg

Edited by Mat Price

There is texture and yes I will have to smooth out several places for things to fit back. For example the the trigger slot and shoe pads. Will need a little refit. But that's what will give that seamless look thats hard to get with tape

How much smaller is the reduced grip than a full size? I've always been curious, but never been able to try one.

just slightly larger than a single stack grip. I will get some exact measurements when my wife gets home. I dont know where she keep the seamstress tape lol

How much smaller is the reduced grip than a full size? I've always been curious, but never been able to try one.

just slightly larger than a single stack grip. I will get some exact measurements when my wife gets home. I dont know where she keep the seamstress tape lol

Awesome! Thank you very much.

just slightly larger than a single stack grip.

One word of caution here - not to throw cold water on your wonderful job, but just for general information sake - there is real danger of going too far. I discovered it by hard experience, when one gun refused to eject the magazines cleanly. When you hold it gently and press the button they fall out, but when you are doing on the run reload, gripping the gun normally, it would refuse. Turned out, the grip was reduced too much, and there was too much give in it, so the normal fairly tight grip would deform it enough to affect the ejection. The replacement grip with less reduction worked fine.

The difference between the two grips was easily measurable, front to back it was about .5mm.

It was particularly noticeable on the front surface - insert the finger and feel the front - it will move when you press front to back. They always move some amount in response to pressure, but some move more than the others.

Edited by Foxbat