Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

So what's the difference?

Iggy42

I was wondering what the differences are between a Super Tuned Edge and a CRP Edge. I appears that its just the enhancement package and trigger job, but is there more to it?

Secondly between the two, Super Tuned and CRP, what would be the best one for someone that is going to be running factory ammo? I am hoping to upgrade to a 2011 next year (hopefully sooner, but trying to be realistic), but I will be using factory ammo pretty much 100% of the time so I need a platform that can handle that flawlessly.

I checked on this a while back. From what I understood

CRP - upgraded parts put on

Super Tuned - same as above, but with a trigger job and tuned(Edge probably cherry picked then given a once over)

I know a couple shooters that have the super tuned and are very happy.

I have a stock edge, I upgraded the parts myself and did a trigger job, I'm happy.

If you don't like to work on or have the knowledge to work on guns, get the super tuned. If you like to work and and have the knowledge get a stock Edge and upgrade it yourself. The CRP is a great deal too if you get the blued. The Hardchrome version of the CRP, I'd probably just fork over the extra cash for the super tuned. The Hard chromed CRP would be great if you get a custom trigger job done to it later on down the road. Hope that helps.

What would be cool is if Dawson sold a Dawson parts kit and a video to step by step tune a stock Edge for the do it yourself types.