Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Is this a legal stage?

GrumpyOne

"Perhaps I did mention it to the RO and SO who were running the stage...."

There is no such thing as an SO in USPSA you're thinking of IDPA... so much for the "attention to detail". This kind of thing tends to rub me the wrong way because the "Range Heroes" that care enough about something like this to post it on the internet are usually not the guys out setting up the match. They are usually the guys that get done shooting then "chuck duces" as they are running to their car so they don't have to help tear down a stage. As a guy that has run a few matches myself this is to all the "Range Heroes" out there please quit complaining at you local LVL 1 Match!!! If you don't like it show up to setup and help design some stages, run stats, help tear down, build some props, or do something else productive.

Edited by leadslinger275

Trying to help a new club down the right path to building LEGAL stages is productive. Everyone tears down at the match, you tear down the stage you finish on. Some of us do not have the time to help set up, as this is a hobby, and life in general, takes precedence. But we all help tear down.

Some of us do not have the time to help set up, as this is a hobby, and life in general, takes precedence.

And for those of us setting up and match directing it's a career? Or, we don't have a life? :devil: :devil:

But we all help tear down.

And I for one am very grateful for that! Sincerely....

Some of us do not have the time to help set up, as this is a hobby, and life in general, takes precedence.

And for those of us setting up and match directing it's a career? Or, we don't have a life? :devil: :devil:

Well, many of.you are good enough at it to make it a career.... :devil:

Well, many of.you are good enough at it to make it a career.... :devil:

I'm not on that list, but I'm fortunate to have match directors in our section who are..... :lol: :lol:

"Perhaps I did mention it to the RO and SO who were running the stage...."

There is no such thing as an SO in USPSA you're thinking of IDPA... so much for the "attention to detail". This kind of thing tends to rub me the wrong way because the "Range Heroes" that care enough about something like this to post it on the internet are usually not the guys out setting up the match. They are usually the guys that get done shooting then "chuck duces" as they are running to their car so they don't have to help tear down a stage. As a guy that has run a few matches myself this is to all the "Range Heroes" out there please quit complaining at you local LVL 1 Match!!! If you don't like it show up to setup and help design some stages, run stats, help tear down, build some props, or do something else productive.

Easy. Even though Grumpy, is well, Grumpy, it's not the proper attitude to take that if you can't show up to setup then you don't have a complaint to be filed. I travel quite a distance at times to patronize a match, even locals. I can't BE there to setup, but it's still flying the banner as a USPSA match so when I see something that is not right, I'll say something. I'll say something at every level of match - and it's not to be that toolbag shooter thats looking to start shtuff - it's to help make the match better. Maybe the MD is newer and didn't know. Maybe they truely don't care and because I'm not a dedicated local, I'll be told tough dookies. Well, I know where I WON'T be going back to... The point is call me a range hero if it makes you feel better, but I don't agree with the aspect of "if you don't like it, you do it", for every situation.

We're all volunteers. We all do what we can. But to take the approach of if you can't be there to slave over YOUR match then don't say anything is not productive and actually, a bit insulting. I help run a weekly indoor match that has to have two stages laid down in an hour. Only one of the weeks is the official match for the club, but even the fun shoot stages we lay down are completely legal, despite having time pressure and just a few people helping. If something is messed up and NOT legal - I want someone to tell me, regardless. Despite being a volunteer, I take pride in my work. Selling anything else to our members and guests would be a travesty, IMO.

Preach it Aztec. We see 40 to 60 people at a local match.

I don't want 40 to 60 people to try and help set up.

I do want people to bring me their concerns. Sometimes they are valid. Sometimes they aren't. But they all get equal attention and respectful response. I've change a stage to address concerns even though I didn't have to.

If we can tuck the ego away a new club can learn a lot from experienced shooters and improve the match and the experience for all.