Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Porting a 4.5 xdm slide for limited?

Landeeno

Anyone done just a slide port on there 4.5xdm for uspsa limited? If so how do you like it? And was it a noticeable difference?

I did not do just porting, on my gun. Therefore I can not tell you if that alone would make a difference. However, I can recommend Springer Precision to do the job. I am very pleased with their work. :cheers:

post-23750-0-85372100-1338740087_thumb.j

I actually saw your gun a few days ago, very good looking port on the slide, how far does it go up? Did you get any sorta numbers on how much weight they took out of it?

I did not ask how much weight would be removed, but I bet they can tell you.

post-23750-0-73270200-1338796006_thumb.j

post-23750-0-97643700-1338796030_thumb.j

Looks really good, id actually found a picture of a gun almost identical to yours that got me thinking about the idea. What kinda trigger are you running? And what kinda pull does it have?

Looks really good, id actually found a picture of a gun almost identical to yours that got me thinking about the idea. What kinda trigger are you running? And what kinda pull does it have?

I had Springer do their competition trigger job, and ask for 2.5# (which is as low as they will go). My OLD, spring-type, trigger pull gauge said around 2.75#. It is one nice trigger!