Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Factory national Stage 17

JohnRodriguez

I was looking at some of the stages (mainly to see how revo friendly they are, by the way I won't be going to the match) that are on the uspsa web site for the nationals. Who ever came up the fixed time for stage 17 must have been smoking a bad batch of crack. something more realistic even for a bottom feed would be like 6sec, 6sec, 7sec, 7sec. for the 4 strings. I don't even think that Jerry could beat the times that they set up. If was going to go and shoot the nationals, I would practice that stage the same way I would pratice ICORE's Far and Near standards. Jerry could easily put 100pts ahead of everyone else on that stage alone.

He'll have time to spare if he doesn't fumble a reload.

anyways you can shoot a solid 75 if you don't even bother trying for the reload, since it doesn't count against you, just make sure you get 5pts every time you pull the trigger

Your right-on there John!

open and limited div's reload serveral times per match, we revos reload several times per "stage". therefore reload mishaps occur more frequent.

BTW, went into the garage to dry fire that stage #17, i beat a 5 sec par on each string. Weak hand transfer was the slowest.

Hey Tom

I'm not use what practice is either, the evening rain and lightning have been stopping me from going out after work all week. If I do get out I'll set up the reload standars and see if my fast 1.14 sec first shot (my normal when aiming is 1.42 range) and 2.2-2.3 sec reload can keep me below the 5.3 sec required time. I know for sure the weak hand transfer won't happen, but i'll post the results if I get a chance to run it.

Nice to hear from you again, too bad you couldn't make the IRC this year. I did see Cliff W. there, maybe i'll see you both at the Area 2 this year. It would be nice to have more revo shooters there this year that production shooters, we came close last year.

Hey John,

I'll be at A2 in revo div. I agree that it would great to have large revo turnout. Major matchs are the place to be!! This years IRC was my first major match, i had great success 3rd limited, 13th overall. Im hooked on the BIG ONES now. Looking forward to shooting with IPSC REVOS ( and all div's as well).

P.S. work those reloads hard, 2.0 sec or less .

dan carden

hey Dan

I just got back from getting some practice in, and I did set up the standard, my big holdback on it is that I'm shooting minor with a 6 shot M627, and trying to get all the points I can. when I drew the gun (1.63 sec) and had my first real look down the sights i thought to myself, that targets is far away. anyways I was bringing the gun up after the reload when the par buzzer went off, 5 sec is real short at 25 yards, and at 20 yards I managed to get 1 shot off at 5.27 sec. I think that my first thought of just trying to get 75 pts without reloading might be the way to go, since a over shoot penalty will kill you. I'm going to play with some major loads for the gun here in the next couple of months, and maybe I won't have to worry about aiming so much.

I saw your results and you did great, I placed 29th overall and 8th in B class open. I really need to practive Far and Near and mainly stay consistant, I can usually run 22-24 on it, come match day I bomb the stage. It really frustrate me.

see you at area 2

I don't think there will be any over shoot penalties because they are visable visable. Meaning there will be no timer they will turn and face you and at that time you will draw and fire until they turn and you can no longer see them. Someone more in the know should be able to confirm this........