Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Vintage precision rifle

1911vm

No questions just sharing

Got my first Mauser Swed 1912 last Thursday. Shot a match with it on sat. that thing is awesome. I think I am addicted. I have never owned any thing that old before. I cannot believe how well that 100 year old gun shoots. As my daughter wood say LOVE IT . Now i have to hit all the gun stores to look for another one. :cheers:

Yep I enjoy them as well.. I have several of the various military variations. But my favorite is the M41b with the 4x Ajack scope. Hard to believe something that old (and pretty) can be that precise.

Edited by caspian guy

I lucked onto an old Brit enfield #4 mk2 built in 55 unissued back in December. It is a beautiful awesome shooter.

...It is my favorite rifle based on looks.

Hard to believe something based on 100+ yr old technology is still used in battle in places today.

Why M41b? I want to learn.

I always liked old surplus rifles, an older gent of my acquaintance had a world class collection of 03 springfield ( examples of each make and variation, including target rifles, several of the variations of the sniper versions including stuff I am not even sure what to call it.) I could of course never afford to consider a collection of springfields due to cost. When the swedish mausers stated coming into the country my brother bought one of the full length rifles (i swear it seems like it is 5ft long ) with I think a 1900 reciever date. It was hard to believe a rifle with parts so old could be so nice and shoot so well (1.5 ish in with iron sights and surplus ammo). So I started learning more about them and buying interesting examples. At some point the sweds started letting go of the m41b. They were a bit pricy but at the time it was one of the most affordable genuine military sniper rifles avaliable. Considering the age it is an amazing piece, the rifle was pristine and the glass in the scope was pretty good even by modern standards. It has a good trigger is very accurate and is easy and pleasant to shoot.

Neat link with pictures of some of the variations.

http://gotavapen.se/gota/artiklar/rifles_se/rifles_se.htm

Edited by caspian guy

Why M41b? I want to learn.

I always liked old surplus rifles, an older gent of my acquaintance had a world class collection of 03 springfield ( examples of each make and variation, including target rifles, several of the variations of the sniper versions including stuff I am not even sure what to call it.) I could of course never afford to consider a collection of springfields due to cost. When the swedish mausers stated coming into the country my brother bought one of the full length rifles (i swear it seems like it is 5ft long ) with I think a 1900 reciever date. It was hard to believe a rifle with parts so old could be so nice and shoot so well (1.5 ish in with iron sights and surplus ammo). So I started learning more about them and buying interesting examples. At some point the sweds started letting go of the m41b. They were a bit pricy but at the time it was one of the most affordable genuine military sniper rifles avaliable. Considering the age it is an amazing piece, the rifle was pristine and the glass in the scope was pretty good even by modern standards. It has a good trigger is very accurate and is easy and pleasant to shoot.

Neat link with pictures of some of the variations.

http://gotavapen.se/gota/artiklar/rifles_se/rifles_se.htm

That link is awesome thanks. I did some research and M41b is a very cool rifle. I now want one.

So in the past week I have been learning as much as I can about Swedish mausers . what I purchased was a m 38 . which as I said before is awesome . so I stopped by the gun store where I purchased it , to thank the owner . he said you're welcome . Then turns around with a smile and hands me enother swed. this time a 96. And the same year as the 38. okay you guessed it I now have 2 of them . LOL