Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Lubing Mossberg 930

E53X5

How do you guys lube your 930 JM Pro (or any other 930 for that matter)? I use a few drops of Slip 2000 on the bolt and carrier, just to get it a little wet. I then put a drop or two on my index finger and rub it all over the piston, and inside the gas chamber (or whatever it's called, the part that's attached to the barrel), just to the point where it has a very thin coat. I also spread a few drops on the outside of the magazine tube before sliding the parts onto it (the spring, pusher, spacer, etc.). Finally, I slightly lube the part of the barrel that goes inside the receiver since the bolt rides against it. This method seems to work pretty well for me, but I've also heard others say that shotgun pistons should be run completely dry, and lubing them does nothing but attracts dirt and causes it all to bake onto the parts instead of getting blown out. Anyone tried running it dry? I'm just having hard time letting any moving parts run completely dry...

Today (90 degree heat btw) I had copper lube on the bolt slide cutouts, a slight amount of G-lube on the bolt and the lube on the piston was finger applied and wiped off as all I have seen says to run that fairly dry. We shall see how everything looks after I clean it but it ran 100% today.

How do you guys lube your 930 JM Pro (or any other 930 for that matter)? I use a few drops of Slip 2000 on the bolt and carrier, just to get it a little wet. I then put a drop or two on my index finger and rub it all over the piston, and inside the gas chamber (or whatever it's called, the part that's attached to the barrel), just to the point where it has a very thin coat. I also spread a few drops on the outside of the magazine tube before sliding the parts onto it (the spring, pusher, spacer, etc.). Finally, I slightly lube the part of the barrel that goes inside the receiver since the bolt rides against it. This method seems to work pretty well for me, but I've also heard others say that shotgun pistons should be run completely dry, and lubing them does nothing but attracts dirt and causes it all to bake onto the parts instead of getting blown out. Anyone tried running it dry? I'm just having hard time letting any moving parts run completely dry...

I use FrogLube on all metal parts as per their instructions, then apply the liquid FrogLube on places that have wear from friction on them. Base of the bolt, and the top of the bolt. At the end of a shooting session, I will disassemble my 930 JM and wipe all the parts and apply liquid FrogLube on the same areas.