Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

RRA / Noveske Upper optics options.

TreyK

Still a virgin 3Gun shooter and hope to shoot my first match next month (am a 20-30 second SASS shooter and an OK USPSA shooter).

My new Rock River ATH 18" has been on order for close to 12 weeks and I got crazy (impatient) and ordered a Noveske 18" upper (2 days ago) to put on my Colt H-Bar lower so I have something to shoot at the Milcopp training and the June Mill Creek, KS match. The new upper cost nearly as much as the whole Rock River rifle so I guess I am not real bright (ya duh). My gun shop called this afternoon to tell me the Rock River arrived and I already knew the Noveske was going to get here today. OH crap. I now have 2 rifles that are new to me on the same day. WOW.

The Rock River 18" rifle will wear a Burris MTAC 1-4x and RTS irons. I'd like to think the Noveske which is really light would be good for a run and gun so I need to look at scope options. Leaning towards an Aimpoint Mico T1.

Help me figure out the right way to proceed for a back up rifle.

Answering my own question. I went out and shot (first time) the RRA with Burris MTAC and I love that optic. The backup rifle will wear an MTAC too. The RTS irons are pretty cool too.

Edited by TreyK

If you are looking for a micro-dot you should consider the Primary Arms Micro Dot. The quality is excellent, their customer service is second to none and you will save lots of $$$$$$$ at the same time. You will not be sacrificing quality !

I shoot the Noveske with an Eotech Xps 2. I shot our Memorial Day shoot with targets at 300 and 400 yards and the only one I didn't hit was the 400 because I didn't want to waste too much time. I'd say 90% of the rifle targets are 50 yards or less so the red dot is much more effective than a scope.