Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glockworx trigger owners question

Nimitz

I just purchased their STD Deluxe Trigger kit w/skeletonized striker. The kit comes with a 2# & 3# striker spring. Does anyone know what the weight of the other spring is from the factory? Also, has anyone tried using other than Federal primers with this setup? Their marketing says it's more reliable with hard primers so if I could use other primers that would be a plus ... thx.

I have a G34 which I think has a lighter spring than that from the factory which means I'll need to change out that spring on the kit or I'll be going backwards in pull weight, right?

I have a G34 which I think has a lighter spring than that from the factory which means I'll need to change out that spring on the kit or I'll be going backwards in pull weight, right?

G34 come with same springs, it's just the connector that gives lighter trigger pull. If you ordered a trigger kit it will come with a reduced pull connector probably all shiny and polished.

thx, that was kinda what I was assuming ... didn't seem to make sense that the trigger kit would have a lightened striker spring, lighter trigger safety plunger spring but not a lighter connector spring ...

thx, that was kinda what I was assuming ... didn't seem to make sense that the trigger kit would have a lightened striker spring, lighter trigger safety plunger spring but not a lighter connector spring ...

Connector isn't a spring, it's the piece that sits in trigger housing that the trigger bar rides against to pull the cruciform down from striker sear.

clickety

Sorry. What I actually meant is the trigger spring:

My link

the trigger kit comes with the V4 race connector, lighter firing pin saftey spring, 2# or 3# lightened striker spring & skeletzied striker & I got the SS guide rod & 13# recoil spring as well. The only thing left I was unsure of was the weight of the trigger spring as compared to a stock G34. I assumed since they had changed everything else in this trigger kit that the trigger spring was different too? Is it the "trigger spring" or the "type R trigger spring" they sell?

The OEM trigger spring is 5.5#'s and the after market springs are normally 6#'s and helps to pull the trigger to the rear slightly more than the OEM spring. The OEM springs seem to last longer than the after market springs.