Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Latest match video - any critique would be appreciated

DonovanM

I have for review my most recent match, which I think is a fair indicator of my skill level at the moment. I shot pretty consistently all day and didn't have any major errors. Points shot were good, in the 92%+ range (exact figure not available, they lost one of my scoresheets).

Here are some of my observations:

Overall: need to call shots on steel better.

- 2nd stage: My positioning could have been greatly improved on the partial targets. I should have crowded the platform more and got as close as possible to the far partials. All the steel had to be engaged from the swingy platform. There was also no reason to put 3 shots on the target just before getting on the platform as it caused me to go to slide lock which I wasn't prepared for.

- 3rd stage: Probably should have crowded up here more, but it would have forced me to look backwards for the table reload. Not sure if that was a good thing or not...

- Classifier: Seeing too much, way too slow.

- 5th stage: Positioning way off on the first partial, had to take a step. Overall, a little slower than I would have liked.

- Last stage: Should have put the little cord handle thing between my legs, had a terrible grip as I engaged the last paper array. You can see how much more the gun is recoiling.

I hope enough can be seen from the POV shots... that's one of the downsides of it, can't see footwork.

Thanks!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kwU0AsabQk

• 2 weeks later...

+1 to CHA-LEE's input. Don't critique yourself so hard next time, takes all the fun out of it for us. Seriously, you're your hardest critique and it sounds like you know what to look for. Chin up, both eyes open, call your shots and have fun. Good luck.

The number one thing you need to fix is pulling the gun back and poking it back out every time you start to move. This is wasting multiple seconds on some of your stage runs.

Wow, this just blew my mind. You're totally right. Thanks man - I knew I posted this here for a reason!