Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What about Nill grips?

Rosshooting

Grips are an individual thing. Some people like a good pair of custom grips some don't.

Both Hogue and Nil make a good product.

If you like the way your gun feels in your hand now but are needing a bit more mechanical grip...buy some grip tape (skateboard tape) and experiment with where and how much you need. Best part here is that the tape is cheaper than new grips and you can place it where you need it (and remove it where you don't) giving you that individual feel you may be looking for.

If your factory grips don't serve your purpose, then you'll have to replace them with what you believe to be a set of grips that offer the improvement your seeking.

Does someone else have a gun-grip combination different than yours that you may be able to try out ? :huh:

Powerman,

Nill (Nillform) is providing grips for precisionguns like the Walther GSP in .22LR.

Normally they're custom build, but in my opinion unsuited for draw from the holster since they'll fit in once's hand with no margin for error.

They're one of the best for precision shooting only.

I have one on my GSP, I wouldn't want one on my .40 IPSC.

Henny.

Nill makes some beautiful grips, but personally, given the more utilitarian nature of IPSC shooting, I prefer something cheaper and better wearing. For a stock 1911, I like Pachmyar grips with the wraparound frontstrap cut off and metal checkering. For my EAA Witness, I like the ultra thin fully checkered wood grips sold by EAA/Tanfoglio.

Powerman, what kind of gun do you shoot?

schmitz, FYI Nill makes all kinds of grips including, but not limited to target grips. They do make grips for bianchi and IPSC shooting.

Spook,

I know this, but still I wouldn't want one on my IPSC-gun!