Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Benelli M1S90 rear sight screw

PSSOH22

Hey guys,

I purchased a HK marked m1 a few weeks ago and the guy who i got it from had removed the rear ghost ring and made a custom weaver mount to mount a scope using the existing screw holes. I just went to re assemble the rear sight assembly and noticed that the screw which is supposedly called the "retaining sliding screw" had been broken. On the rear sight assembly, there are 2 screws, the previous mentioned and the elevation screw. Both are the same size, which is 3/56 but the elevation screw is longer then the other. I called Benelli and they said that they could not help me get a new one or locate someone who would have it. I called and ordered a screw from Numrich, but upon arrival, it was the wrong size!!!

Any recommendations where i can find this little itty bitty screw? Ive called midway with no luck. I feel like i have exhausted my google and gun related site searching. Hopefully someone can help me track this darn thing down!!!

Most any place that deals in Aircraft fasteners will have those sizes, You just have to spec it for them. Some that come to mind are A&I Nut and Bolt in Denver Colorado. Aero fastener systems in Kansas...etc. the web will be your friend. You might have to buy a bunch of them, but they can be had.

Hey Bobby,

Is this for one of the old style Ghost Ring sights that has a ramp that the sight slides up and down for elevation adjustment? Sounds like it, with all the references to small tiny screws.

If so, ditch the OEM sight and install a complete new one from LPA. That original sight is more headache than it's worth!!