Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Pls critique my recent match video

Xander

I would have worked my way from left to right or right to left instead of running back and forth between the left and right sides of the range.

Where there appearing targets that would later disappear that made you choose that target engagement order? If so, consider that disappearing targets have no penalty misses, and no FTE penalties as long as you activate the mechanism that activates them. You would have gotten a better hit factor ignoring most if not all the disappearing targets.

If you shot the targets in that order because the WSB said so, I feel that the WSB was illegal because of rule

1.1.5 Freestyle – IPSC matches are freestyle. Competitors must be permitted to solve the challenge presented in a freestyle manner and, for handgun and shotgun matches, to shoot targets on an "as and when visible" basis. After the start signal, courses of fire must not require mandatory reloads nor dictate a shooting position, location or stance, except as specified below. However, conditions may be created, and barriers or other physical limitations may be constructed, to compel a competitor into shooting positions, locations or stances.

I would have worked my way from left to right or right to left instead of running back and forth between the left and right sides of the range.

Where there appearing targets that would later disappear that made you choose that target engagement order? If so, consider that disappearing targets have no penalty misses, and no FTE penalties as long as you activate the mechanism that activates them. You would have gotten a better hit factor ignoring most if not all the disappearing targets.

If you shot the targets in that order because the WSB said so, I feel that the WSB was illegal because of rule

1.1.5 Freestyle – IPSC matches are freestyle. Competitors must be permitted to solve the challenge presented in a freestyle manner and, for handgun and shotgun matches, to shoot targets on an "as and when visible" basis. After the start signal, courses of fire must not require mandatory reloads nor dictate a shooting position, location or stance, except as specified below. However, conditions may be created, and barriers or other physical limitations may be constructed, to compel a competitor into shooting positions, locations or stances.

The 1st activator w/c I 1st engage on the left opens up the 2nd to last window on the right, and after engaging the activator on that window, it opens up the windows on the center, and after engaging the 2nd from left window it opens up the very last window from the right. So I decided to got that way :)

Overall pretty solid to my eyes. Looked like solid reloads and speedy movement in between firing points.

You could get the gun up a little sooner as you approach some of the firing positions (the first), but it is clear that you are doing that for the most part. Having see through vision barriers you never lose sight of the targets so spot up on your next target as you approach the firing point and get the gun up early so that you can take the shot as soon as you clear the vision barrier.

What was your point total on the stage as a percentage of the total stage points?

Overall pretty solid to my eyes. Looked like solid reloads and speedy movement in between firing points.

You could get the gun up a little sooner as you approach some of the firing positions (the first), but it is clear that you are doing that for the most part. Having see through vision barriers you never lose sight of the targets so spot up on your next target as you approach the firing point and get the gun up early so that you can take the shot as soon as you clear the vision barrier.

What was your point total on the stage as a percentage of the total stage points?

Very good assessment there :) Yup, lately I've been practicing in keeping the gun up as I enter the next target position. I'll always keep that in mind, thanks for the tip, appreciate it :)

I only got 65% total, I had 3 miss and 2 D's in one of the other stage :(