Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Moonclip holders

whizz

Have made a couple of moonclip holders for my .45ACP 625 as I do not like to wait for the mail man.

Went to the hardware store just lurking the shelves until I found what I needed.

Some stuff from the mentioned store, some leather (which I already had in stock), a couple of hours with my toolbox and eight moonclip holders were at the table.

Working very nicely and the total cost for the material was around $35.

clipholder.jpg

Hi Whizz!

That was really clever and simple!

What have you used as centre post, I cant see that from the pictures (a bit fuzzy or is it my eyes ;) ).

I will make a couple to try out, as I have been playing with the idea in my mind that I should try shooting Revo as second match in the European Championships, if possible..

RogerT,

I will meet you at SweDen Cup 5 in Nybro I think/hope!? Which will be my first real revolver match ever :D

Will show them to you then.

The center post is a rubber expander with a M6 bolt.

Fastened it upside down so that the rubber flange at the top (bottom) keeps the clip from slipping off.

Those don't look to bad....How do they work?? They hold them in good and still not hard to get them out to do the reload??? Eight for $35 is a most execellent price too. Good job!!! DVC John

para45,

The center post is made from a rubber expander as mentioned before.

I just put it so that the flange on it acts as a stop to the clip.

The clips do not shake loose but just kind of "flaps" free when pulling them up.

I do not have any "life expectancy" for the rubber expander yet but at $1 a piece and easily changed I do not worry about it :D