Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Finally got the ejector wire bent properly on 650 with needle bearing

went through 300 rounds without an issue then it started to screw up on the next 100 had 2 full stops cause the wire wasn't sitting down enough on the shell-plate to eject properly, even with those 2 stops i still managed a 6min 100 round load, if i had an extra pair of hands to do all the few extra things it takes to stop shells feeding and pull out the low primer stick i could probably get it down to 5:30 (which would be 1132 rounds /hr).

cant wait to see how a bullet-feeder speeds up my process with everything running smoothly now, to see all ive done to the machine to get it to run smoothly take a look at my blog http://xl650reloadinglog.blogspot.com/

Also, if your loading 9mm(or any small caliber) and your having case flipping issues i recommend the AT 500 black plastic funnel(i believe its just listed as plastic funnel on Dillon site), I've thrown probably 600-700 cases through the machine so far and no flipped cases, if you look at the blog pics you'll see the station one locator dented in such a way that it would stop cases from smoothly moving to the shell-plate, lock up and hit the body bushing, crushing the case and gouging the body bushing, called Dillon they sent out new parts first class mail got it in 2 days :bow:

Edited by War

• 9 months later...

I tried the needle bearing and washers and found it to be a pia .

The new height interfered with the spring and it was easier to just cut

the detent ball spring under the shell plate and be done. I load 9mm with just 4.2

gr of Bullseye and there is no more splatter