Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

308 Mag Pouch

What's the problem, that he didn't identify himself? If he would have said "I make xxx" someone else would have bagged on him.

We gun owners have a really bad habit of eating our own at the slightest provocation. We should stop doing that, and encourage any small pro-gun business regardless of whether we believe the owner is a nice guy or a jerk. The opposition sticks togeather like that, we need to to.

Back on Topic, www.knifekits.com sells every little piece and part you might need to make your own. This guy has some good videos and has helped me with my own projects.

While I agree with your belief that we should stick together; I don't think writing glowing reviews of one's own products and customer service without full disclosure is something we should turn a blind eye towards.

This is where we disagree. You seem to be taking the attitude that this is somehow less than honorable, but a fairly discrete forum post that serves the purpose of self promotion is not dishonest. He would still surely provide a valuable product to whomever his customer regardless of how the customer found out about him. Considering I think that my earlier assertion about him comming out and positing "I sell XXX" might actually be against the rules outside the marketplace, I think what he posted was entirely appropriate. Actualy, I find your determination to bust him out like he was doing something dishonest very distasteful. You say you believe we should stick togeather, yet you insist on being the tattletale. To me, *that* is worse than anything he did. Don't worry, if worse comes to worse, and the world ends, I am sure you could have a fruitful career as an informer to the overlords...

Sorry but Lewbrowski is right. It is unethical to write glowing reviews of your own product while not disclosing your are the maker of said product. As for being a tataltale, the correct term would be watchdog. I am not saying his products are good or bad but full disclosure should be given.

Pat

Edited by Alaskapopo

OK, OK, already. I didn't think what the guy wrote in *this thread* qualified as a glowing review or seemed unethical, but that was just my opinion. It is true, however, in our endless quest to claim the internet moral high ground, we do have a tendancy to eat our own much more often than we should. We seem to have way more self-appointed watchdogs than if we were, say, a group of truck enthusiasts... [or whatever].

Edited by barrysuperhawk

• 2 months later...