Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

BiFocal contacts

KentG

I just got a trial BiFocal contact. I like it. Im very left eye dominant and very near sighted. My doc left my left eye wiht a pure distance lens and for the right eye she gave me a sample bifocal to try. I like it a lot for daily use since I can now read with ease things like the paper and see the computer without cheaters. I was skeptical about shooting but now Im thinking its going to work. Just got back from the range shooting at 200 and closer. Looking thru the Meopta at 4 power and shooting a flasher targets was just fine. Maybe better for some reason. Main thing is I took a right lens with me that is one of my full power only and had intended to change over to it if I noticed any issue and I actually forgot about it once I started shooting and didnt think about it till I got back in the truck and noticed the baggie with lenses and case.

Up close using the Burris Fastfire at 25 and less and rolling the rifle and transitioning to 100 yd 4 power thru the dot was no problem.

Tomorrow is Pistol and some shotgun but I dont anticipate any issues.

Anyone else running BiFocal contacts?

I wear Pro Clear bi-focal contacts in both eyes for pistol, rifle, and shotgun. With them my distance vision is perfect in both eyes and I still have a pretty clear focus on the front sight. CLoser than the front sight is a struggle and I keep a pair of .75 reading classes in my shooting bag if I have to really see something close. The biggest advantage for me is the ability to wear different shades of shooting glasses without spending a mint on prescription glasses. My uncorrected vision is perfect at arm’s length (pistol front sight) and I tried the mono-vision thing with a contact in my non-dominant eye for distance but could not get used to it. I may try that route again. I think the normal mono-vision setup has the distance correction for the strong eye and the close correction for the weak eye which is opposite of what we need as shooters, I think?

David E.