Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Distinct advantages of SP-01 versus 75B?

Gerard

I've been planning on getting a 75B or 75 SA but with all the discussion and praise of the SP-01 I am thinking of saving money a while longer to buy an SP. What are the distinct advantages of the SP over the 75B? The extra weight at the muzzle end seems to be the only thing. This would be a range and (occasional) competition gun.

Is the trigger smoother?

Is the SP worth the extra $100 or should I get a 75B and spend the extra on ammo and holster?

Or, buy a 75B get a trigger job from CZ Custom?

CZ-USA website says the SP-01 is just a larger P-01. I already have a PCR, if I wanted a larger PCR I could just buy the 75BD.

Just get the 75 Shadow, I think you wanted one that's legal everywhere? The 75 Shadow (non-rail) weighed in at 37 ounces using my friend's with thin AL grips, less if he uses the plastic.

Given the cost of match fees, ammo, gas, hotel, the gun is dirt cheap compared to what you invest in the rest of the sport. I learned it the hard way several times. Order up a 75 Shadow with a full race trigger job. :devil:

SP-01 has an upswept beavertail and full dust cover. Upswept beavertail is for the web of hand to sit higher. Only the 75B SA has this for non-sp-01 (so i was told).

Id spend the extra 100 for sp01. Id probably spend more for the shadow=) but thats me. SP-01 is worth it.

Then I would go with the cheapest route. Spend $400-$450 on a stock SP-01. The problem with the SA is that it's not legal for "everything" like you want. Eventually you can put sights (80) grips (80) and some springs (20) in it as you progress. That's what I shot, mostly stock, and got into Master class that way.

Then I would go with the cheapest route. Spend $400-$450 on a stock SP-01. The problem with the SA is that it's not legal for "everything" like you want. Eventually you can put sights (80) grips (80) and some springs (20) in it as you progress. That's what I shot, mostly stock, and got into Master class that way.

This. Go stock SP-01, and improve it as you go. You'll never go wrong with an SP-01 on a tight budget.