Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

$ Save Now $

BrianH

It seems that scumbag internet weasles have figured how to get "web ads" past Popup Killer without triggering it.  So my web page actually blows away instead of the popup ad.  Anybody know how they do this?  Anybody know how to block these?  Sombody help the dumb kid......

The evil "save now" is installed on your pc.  Look in the control panel, add-remove programs folder for Gator, Save Now and probably a ton of others that will spew out information about you and pop up annoying offers all at the same time!  Remove them.  If you want the easy, and probably more effective, way out go to http://www.lavasoft.de and download Ad-Aware.  It will search your system, even the registry, and root out all of the "save now" kind of programs that are installed.

-jhgtyre

I got Ad Aware....just not sure what I'm looking at when it lists all the crap on my computer.

You know what's funny?  A short time ago, I went to my mainpage, which is the AT&T Broadband page, and the banner at the top that usually flashes a credit card or something, flashed an ad for STI!!!!  Check it out man!!! STI is sendin' out spyware.....

....not that that's any big deal......