Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

sjc 11 port comp vs jager

jswitt99

I currently have a Jager comp on my open g35. I finially got around to loading some hs6 today and it was a major improvement vs the wsf I had been using. Looks like I actually got the comp working.

Anyone have experience with the sjc 11 port comp for 40 and the Jager? I have read the SJC's are better, just trying to nail down true differences.

Also, what powder have you used with the 11 port and what were the results?

I am looking for flat.

I have a lone wolf barrel, so I am hoping they make one that will match the threads.

I have a 9 major G17 glock open gun with the SJC 11-port comp. I really like the comp and it shot pretty flat with HS6. Unfortunately don’t know much about the .40 version. I have a friend who shot a G22 .40 open gun with the Jager and he had trouble getting it to shoot flat. He might not have found the perfect load for it though. The nice thing about the .40 is the huge case capacity so you might be able to safely use several popple holes that could be trouble in the 9mm configurations.

I would recommend calling both SJC and jager and get their experiences/load recommendations/thread sizes.

I have the 11 port comp on my open 17. I load 8.5 hs6 wih a 124 bullet and its flat however it does smack your hand pretty hard. Thats the price you pay for flatness. If I were you Id try a 135 bullet loaded as long as the mag will handle and start around 7 grains and work up over a crono.