Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ghost holster

rtr

There is a ghost holster listed on the USPA classifieds that I am interested in. It is a couple years old. It is my understanding that there is a newer model out (i've checked their website). so what is the difference between the two. Is there something really bad about the old one? Would you advise a new open shooter to go with the new one or old one? thanks.

the newer ghost hoster you don't have to drill a hole in your trigger guard. the old one you have to for it to work properly. the newer model has two locking positions (locking up and locking down). the old one locks down only, but can be upgraded to both positons for some $'s.

lynn

I have an older Ghost that is pin-style (drill trigger guard) and it can lock at a ready position or straight up to prevent accidental unlocking. I have played with a friends pin-less Ghost and it functions the same and is just as secure.

I really like the Ghost series of holsters, but if I were to buy another holster, it would probably be a CR Speed. I have tried one a little, and I like the muzzle support for my stlye of draw. IMO

I bought my Ghost used, and I am happy with it, and I didn't mind drilling the trigger guard.

Thanks for the info guys. I bought the used one, any pictures of the drilled trigger guard, instructions on how to do it, or at least an explanation of where the hole goes? thanks.

My way was: remove the pin, lock the pistol in the holster, and screw the pin back in. Sooner or later it puts a nice dimple into the trigger guard. Remove pistol and drill the hole there. Take it slow.

• 6 years later...

My way was: remove the pin, lock the pistol in the holster, and screw the pin back in. Sooner or later it puts a nice dimple into the trigger guard. Remove pistol and drill the hole there. Take it slow.

I have the make on teh trigger guard now - What size drill bit seems to work best???