Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

1995 UKPSA Ladies National Team

jmaass

From the UKPSA 'DVC' magazine, 1995 Issue #2, inside cover.

Identified as: "Vanessa, Tracy, Elaine, Clare, and Jilly (Bridget absent on maternity leave)"

(I've listed four issues of 'DVC' for sale in the 'Classified' Forum.)

1995_UKPSA_Ladies_National_Team_c.jpg

That brings back a lot of memories... 1995 and 1996 were the best years for UKPSA, but the gun ban that came in the following year ended it. Some of those in the picture above did not shoot much in that final year, all the incentive had gone... I have a ton of old photographs from 1997 and some old PAL videos that I got converted over to .MOV files. Some clips are on my web-site: Britinusa.net

One of the last matches was the British Open, a two day match where it rained almost to the very end, and then the final championship match in Devon/Dorset in the South of England....

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times....

Thanks for sharing all this! While I missed the pre-ban activities, my job took me to Rochester, England in 2001 for a couple weeks. I managed to hook up with the folks at the Harlow Practical Club in Chelmsford. The folks were gracious hosts and I wound up involved in one of their mini-rifle matches. Afterward, they told me the sad history and we compared notes on laws and such. Steve Smith, Michelle Lumly, Andy Haines, Mark Bradly and Graham Bare where the finest hosts. I will remember my one "international" competition always.

Thanks again for bringing back some fine memories!

Later,

Chuck

PS: funny thing: it rained most of the 2 weeks I was there. So heavy that they cancelled a channel dive trip and the Queen's birthday party got rained out. Nobody get's any slack over there...

More images of "Brit Babes" from the four 1995 issues of the UKPSA magazine 'DVC'.

Elaine Berwick

1995_UKPSA_Elaine_Berwick_b.jpg

Lesley Senn

1995_UKPSA_Lesley_Senn_b.jpg

Jilly Howell

1995_UKPSA_Jilly_Howell_b.jpg

Wendy Wilson

1995_UKPSA_Wendy_Wilson_b.jpg

Edited by jmaass