Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Teen Trainer G35

twix

I have a Glock 35 with a nice trigger. I am looking at putting in the KKM 9mm for a 35 barrel ($165 according to their web site).

1- What would be a cost effective red dot/ mount (I don't want to cut the .40 slide for a fitted JPoint or Doctor)?

2- Would drilling some holes in the top of the barrel help lessen recoil?

The main theme here is to make use of a great/versatile G35 for a teen trainer piece. So shooting minor is fine.

Any thoughts on the specifics of the gun or the idea for a teen trainer are welcomed.

TomB

Edited to add: Without undoing the versatility.

twix / TomB

Have you considered one of the 22lr conversion kits?

I have the Advantage Arms LE version - it's digested a couple thousand rounds ( I quit counting after the 6 box of 550/case).

It still keeps the 35 intact , just swap out the slide group.

Any thoughts on the specifics of the gun or the idea for a teen trainer are welcomed.

twix,

I did nearly the same route.

Started with a 34 upper but I got tired of changing the receiver part (ejector) out of my 35.

Switched to the AA .22 conversion. Liked it but the mags have tiny metal lips that are a pain to load. It pinches your fingers and the are a tad sharp for extended range sessions. You can take the glock OEM mag loader and dremel it down to help load the AA mags. Much easier on the hands. The glock frame didn't fit a few kids hands. (But they were SMALL hands)

Finally, I picked up a Kimber .22 target. It's the exact same dimesions as a 1911, looks and feels like a real gun as opposed to all the "Buck Rogers" .22's with odd controls, etc. It has a good trigger, decent sights and a platform that's widely used. And it only weighs in at 18-20 oz., so the younger ones don't tire as fast. Also the grip is narrower for the small hands

For the money your looking at spending already, you could pick up a .22 pistol or a used g17, g19, g34 etc.

Hope that helps.

I have an AimTech mount...from Brownell's...about half the price of the other popular berands.

DON'T get the tigershark...this one mounts like a THE or Carver.

I can just barely chage slides with the sights still on the slide.

I'll have to try it with my AA .22 caliber kit sometime too.

http://www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/store/Pro...GUN+SCOPE+MOUNT

017-117-001

Black, fits Glock 17/17L, 19,22,23 $63.25

017-000-005

Black, fits Glock w/Acc Rail $74.95

017-117-021

Black, fits Glock 20,21 $63.25

017192001.jpg

post-22-1089411041_thumb.jpg

Thanks Flex.

I remember reading here that KKM was coming out with a special 9mm barrel/comp combo.

Has anything ever became of that?

I wouldn't mind setting it up as a real (ok I'm using "real" very loosely) 9mm race gun. I'm thinking you could load it minor and the comp would still add weight out front. What's the latest and greatest? Does anyone even make a set that will fit a 35 slide?

We have a .22 Ruger, but there are some signs that one is ready to move up a little.

I think KKM makes a 9mm barrel for the G35 slide, better check to make sure though. They should be able extend one and thread it for thier comp.

The barrels that MadScientist had made up to his specs might be G17 barrels. From what I recall, good specs though. The slide would need milled for the blow holes (or another dedicated slide would need bought)

9mm could prove a little loose on the 40cal breachface, likely not a big problem...something to be aware of.

this is not the classifieds or dealer forum. Please keep those ads there or PM. Forum guideline.

--Detlef

[edit: I removed the posts that had the "for sale" banter --Flexmoney]

Edited by Flexmoney