Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

WSF starting load for 125 precisions w/KKM G34 barrel.

Valkyrie

I have some moly coated 125gn from Precision Bullets in TX. The Winchester data (WSF) for lead is 4.0 to 4.7 max, and FMJ is 4.7 to 5.3.

I was planning on staring at 4.3gn, and work up from there (with my chronograph). I just want to make minor, and to knock down steel.

I'm going to work this load up for a KKM 9mm barrel for my G34, and would like some advice where to start since there is such a spread with the load data, and I'm not sure where moly falls between jacket and lead.

What COL are you at? I just loaded bear creek 125gr RN Started at 4.0 WSF CCI 500 PMC brass. Lots of room in case to seat bullet. I ran into problems with COL Started at 1.145 No fit in barrel went down .005 until 1.090 now bullet fits in barrel without touching rifleling. Is this to short?

I'm sitting at 1.085, and just off the rifling if my measurements are correct. I chambered several and examined them with magnification. No marks. These bullets have a truncated nose.

Mine are Round Nose. I just bought a gun from a shop with the same name as you. It's a gun shop in milpitas you ever here of it? Valkyrie Arms specializing in ARs And AKs

what i use for bunny fart practice for my XDm 3.8 9mm..

124gr .356 berry's RN

fed 100 small pistol primers

4.3gr WSF

1.161 OAL

fun to shoot, was able to move my wife from her 22 to my 9 with this load, operates the gun well no jam's or any issues to report. just fun shooting, accurate, and clean.. meters well. I haven't had the opportunity to crono it yet . I would think it would work well in the G34 5.31 barrel. that's my WSF story. hope it help's.

Edited by Velvett

I too started using presicion 125 FN bullets. I am running them in a G34 with a lone wolf barrel. I am currently using 4.2gn of HP38 with an OAL of 1.085. If I go any longer, they engauge in the rifling and it is very hard to eject them and empty the chamger. Even at 1.085, the are still hitting the rifling slightly but not enough to cause and obvious issue. My question is how do I know what the minimum OAL that I can run is without causing the pressure to go through the roof?

I'm new so take it for what it is worth...

I settled in at 4.8gr of WSF for my 124gr berry's plated bullets with Federal primers. I settled there because I was trying to get to 125 power factor. I even made a few at 5.2gr. because 2 out of 10 rounds through the crony were just below the 125 power factor. My over all length is 1.135 and works well in my Glock 17. I think the WSF is a soft shooter at 4.8 gr.

I may not be a good one to ask though on the recoil; when I went from shooting my former g 21 to my g 17, I couldn't tell a difference in the recoil. I never shot the 17 and the 21 the same range trip.

• 7 months later...