Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Do you need a classification to be eligible for class awards?

mark97se

Odd question here. I am going to be shooting in an upcoming sectional, but I am currently unqualified. I have a couple of qualifiers under single stack (headed straight for "C"), but I want to switch to limited. If I switch, I don't think that I will be able to make it to enough matches to get my provisional qualification (4, right?) before the sectional. Would I be eligible for any class awards, or are unclassified shooters lumped in with the Masters or something odd?

I don't really think that I would win anything, but I would like to have a chance. Do I need to stay with the single stack for now?

6.4.2 Only current USPSA classifications may be used in determining Class awards.

Appendix A2.4. Individual Classes:

Division status must be achieved before Classes are recognized.

Level I and Level II - A minimum of 5 competitors per Class (recommended)

Level III and Nationals - A minimum of 10 competitors per Class (mandatory)

So Appendix A2.4 makes a recommendation to the MD on if/how they may give out class awards. Rule 6.4.2 states that to be eligible for class awards you need a classification.

There is no such thing as High "U". You need to be classified.

You don't need to be classified to compete. You just need to be classified to be eligible for class awards. You could still win 1st-3rd Overall for your Division without being classified. :-)

(It's IDPA that has rules about needing to be classified to compete at a sanctioned match.)

Edited by Skydiver

There is no such thing as High "U". You need to be classified.

You don't need to be classified to compete. You just need to be classified to be eligible for class awards. You could still win 1st-3rd Overall for your Division without being classified. :-)

(It's IDPA that has rules about needing to be classified to compete at a sanctioned match.)

I don't see how my answer lead you to assume I was saying something different. The OP is already shooting a sectional match so obviously we know that's fine.