Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stages with round counts in the mid-twenties and hit factor

No.343

It seems like my hit factors are usually lower in stages with round counts between 25 and 28 rounds. Have you experienced this issue? Can you tell me how you beat the problem with stage planning?

Best plans involve reloading while transitioning between shooting locations. You've got to do at least 4 reloads, which leaves you with 2 to 5 'extra' bullets to play with, assuming you hit with every shot you take. What you don't want is to have to do a standing reload, so you plan to use the 6 shots in the gun at a shooting location, then reload while moving to the next shooting location. Sometimes this will mean engaging a target at a little more distance than you would like, or a weird angle. If all else fails in the planning, remember those extra bullets. It's OK to dump a couple rounds before a reload if it means not having to stop to reload in the middle of engaging an array.

Stages with disappearing targets as part of the mix can be skipped entirely, especially if it allows you to shoot the stage with one less reload.

Revolver. I've been shooting revo exclusively for about three years and having more fun than anybody else at the match.

with the exception of the other guys shooting revolver with you.....

Revolver. I've been shooting revo exclusively for about three years and having more fun than anybody else at the match.

with the exception of the other guys shooting revolver with you.....

Chris you are correct. His actions during a stage sort of resemble the antics of Dr. Zoyberg on Futurama. :devil:

It seems like my hit factors are usually lower in stages with round counts between 25 and 28 rounds. Have you experienced this issue? Can you tell me how you beat the problem with stage planning?

Best plans involve reloading while transitioning between shooting locations. You've got to do at least 4 reloads, which leaves you with 2 to 5 'extra' bullets to play with, assuming you hit with every shot you take. What you don't want is to have to do a standing reload, so you plan to use the 6 shots in the gun at a shooting location, then reload while moving to the next shooting location. Sometimes this will mean engaging a target at a little more distance than you would like, or a weird angle. If all else fails in the planning, remember those extra bullets. It's OK to dump a couple rounds before a reload if it means not having to stop to reload in the middle of engaging an array.

Stages with disappearing targets as part of the mix can be skipped entirely, especially if it allows you to shoot the stage with one less reload.

That's a great write up on stage break down. However, do you do anything different at all for those medium round count stages that are not divisible by six? It seems like my hit factors are higher for a 32 round stage than for a 26 round stage. Assuming that I get a good reload, we are talking about the same hit factor for those last two shots. Please help.

Confused

Temporarily in Georgia.