Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Apex FSS with Production Trigger?

jsoares

Production is the Division, Class would be your ranking within a particular Division.

The FSS trigger kit has to be installed as a kit, the trigger will not work with a standard sear and the FSS sear will not work with a stock trigger.

I have the FSS sear with the stock plastic trigger in my M&P. The only issue is that the pre travel removed by the sear will now be added to the over travel. The sear block will need a touch of tig welding to remove the over travel.

The set up works well.

One thing to consider....the engagement point with the FS sear is near the start of trigger movement. Using the FS sear with the original trigger gives a longer reach to the trigger. This longer reach is why I prefer the setup.

Think of it as a long 1911 trigger for your M&P. It is something like the LX trigger mod done by one of the shops doing M&P mods , don't remember the name off hand though.

One thing to consider....the engagement point with the FS sear is near the start of trigger movement. Using the FS sear with the original trigger gives a longer reach to the trigger. This longer reach is why I prefer the setup.

Think of it as a long 1911 trigger for your M&P. It is something like the LX trigger mod done by one of the shops doing M&P mods , don't remember the name off hand though.

Let me get this straight.

It's like the Bowie LX trigger?

It's long and has little to no pre-travel and there's not a problem with the plunger blocking the striker when the sear is released earlier?

Pre and after travel look like what I have seen on internet video and pics of the LX trigger. Pull weights , reset etc is impossible to judge from a video or pic so I am making no claims it is the same as the LX trigger. I simply said it is "something like it" to try and describe what it works like. The comparison to the LX and a long 1911 trigger are the best descriptions I could think of.

The trigger bar sits in the same starting point with the original trigger as it does with the Apex aluminum trigger. The difference is that the original trigger sits farther forward than the aluminun trigger which is why the tig welding of an internal trigger stop is needed with the original trigger. I have had no issues with the timing of the striker block.

I have it in parts right now getting ready for a duracoat job. I will try to get some pics up of it when I am finished that will show the trigger start/stop points.

It has a few other mods I have been working on which I think will help me but everyone else may hate them.