Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The 650 is now up and running...

I recently picked up a used 650 from a local guy. What he hadn't lost, he broke... Dillon to the rescue with a care package of the needed parts, free of charge, to get it up and running. After really learning everything about this press and getting it fully adjusted, I was able to run 1000 rds of 40 SW through it. WOW is all I can say, the case feeder is a huge benefit over my 550B as well as the indexing shell plate.

There is a lot more to observe on each pull, and clearing a stop does take an extra minute, but when you're humming a long, it is very nice!

I feel I need to write down all the little things to watch for when moving from a press like the 550 to the 650, little things like adjusting the primer shell tension arm, makes all the difference in the world to Jams and damaged primers.

It does have a learning curve, but talk about an improvement over the 550!

Just wanted to share my joy.

... 650, little things like adjusting the primer shell tension arm, makes all the difference in the world to Jams and damaged primers.

Could you elaborate on this a little, please? I am having all SORTS of issues with my primers jamming.

• 3 weeks later...