Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

9mm ejector

Dlsvt

Glock has a new ejector for the Gen 4 G19's. It will also work in a late model Gen 3 G19 as well. Have heard other models are having problems too. Not sure if there is a fix for them yet or not. I put the new ejector in my G19 and brass stopped banging me in the head.

What problem are you having w/ ejection?

My stock ejectors haven't ever failed to eject the spent case, unless the poufy load I use is fighting a stock recoil spring. :lol:

If you are annoyed by ejected cases landing on your head, as can happen with light loads, you could wear a billed cap. I'd rather do that then twiddle too much with the setup and end up with something unreliable.

Just my .02

What problem are you having w/ ejection?

My stock ejectors haven't ever failed to eject the spent case, unless the poufy load I use is fighting a stock recoil spring. :lol:

If you are annoyed by ejected cases landing on your head, as can happen with light loads, you could wear a billed cap. I'd rather do that then twiddle too much with the setup and end up with something unreliable.

Just my .02

I have a 35 with kkm 9mm barrel. Doesnt throw two cases in the same area but does not jam. I still have .40 ejector and heard you could tweak to make it better. I may be jumping the gun but seems I will have problems eventually.

I haven't tried a set up like that, but, would a stock 9mm ejector fit? Does the conversion bbl use the .40 extractor? Could it take the 9mm extractor? The stock parts are available at sites like Top Glock, and are mostly reasonable in cost.

Again, I haven't tried using the conversion barrels, but perhaps erratic ejection is the nature of the beast. I don't know how consistent an ejection pattern can be expected. It may not matter, though, so long as function is fine.

Dale Ray is known for modifying the factory ejectors by heating them and hammering them out to lengthen them. My impression is that he did that for his Open Division FrankenGlocks with mounts that may have interfered with normal ejection. You can try searching on his name, and also also Duane Thomas's, as the author of the post referencing Dale's technique.

Good luck!

Edited by kevin c

If you are having ejection problems you may want to try GLOCKWORX Extended Titanium Ejectors. They will improve ejection patterns for soft loads. The 40 will drop right in, but you will have to bend it slightly (15 degrees) to conform to the bend of the stock 9mm ejector. Not a big deal. $15.00