Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Broken torx stud on JP adjustable block

SERVED_USMC

I test fired the rifle to make sure everything was functioning the way it was supposed to, and it did just fine. I took the gas block off to loctite the 8 torx head screws down, and somewhere throughout the process I lost the pattern and ended up torquing the same screw twice, shearing the head of it off. :angry2:

I know, I know. Let the "you idiot" lines fly, I deserve it.

So my question is, since I have a match quickly approaching. Will this thing move or open up any with just one gone? It the one closest to the back of the block, right below the adjustment screw. When the time comes Ill have to heat everything up, break it all loose and try and tap out the broken bottom end of the stud. Im assuming I may have 3-400 rounds through it between now and then.

Im sure its never advised to run the gun like this, based on the unknowns of what will actually happen when it starts getting hot and moving around. Just curious if anyone else has done this same stupid move at one point or another. So, Im missing 1 of 8. However, it may have been the worse one to break out of the 8.

:eatdrink:

Shoot the gun! You have seven other screws to anchor the gas block.

Pat

Pat

Thats what I was hoping to hear.

I built this thing from the ground up and it went together without a hitch. Until final torque of the gas block. Ill be kicking my own ass about this every time I look at it for a while. Even if Im the only one who knows about it.....and most of the enos forum. :roflol:

Shoot the gun! You have seven other screws to anchor the gas block.

Pat

Pat

Thats what I was hoping to hear.

I built this thing from the ground up and it went together without a hitch. Until final torque of the gas block. Ill be kicking my own ass about this every time I look at it for a while. Even if Im the only one who knows about it.....and most of the enos forum. :roflol:

If you didn't Loctite that screw you might be able to back it out. Use a sharp pointed tool of some sort and give it a whirl.

Pat