Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Don't pick fights...

beltjones

So here's the backstory. Ryan Hall is a world-class Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu black belt who was eating dinner with friends when this drunk idiot decided to start a fight in the restaurant. The guy probably decided to try Ryan because Ryan doesn't exactly look tough. It didn't work out so well for the drunk idiot. Don't pick fist fights - you never know if the other guy can rip your limbs off or choke you unconscious while you're as defenseless as a child.

At the end Ryan hauled the guy out because the drunk started talking trash to their buddy who recently had his hip replaced, and Ryan wasn't about to let the guy with the recent surgery get into a physical altercation.

Warning: There is bad language from a drunk guy.

You have to give Ryan a lot of respect for restraint. He could have escalated this incident, knowing he had the skills and training to wipe the floor with the drunk. Instead, he maintained his cool and took steps to control and subdue rather than simply beat the guy senseless which I am sure would have been very satisfying.

My favorite part is the laughing girl who KNOWS good and well who her table mates are and what they are capable of.

SA

Here's what my table mates are capable of:

"I'm not gonna hurt him." :roflol:

Edited by DyNo!

Yes -- having a girl laughing at a belligerant drunk has ALWAYS proven successful in de-escalating the situation. <_<

Knowing her friends could easily handle it helped her find the humorous side of it all, but Hall definitely showed some class -- picking up the guy's jacket for him, helping him out the door . . . . :devil:

That drunk is so lucky he stumbled upon self-confident black belts. If that had been a table full of blues and purples who are itching to test some things out "on the street" he would have had his joints ripped apart.