Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Help me please with 126mm mags, svi magwell.

Maksim

Hey guys. Need some help before I go spending hundreds of dollars on basepads.

I have an SVI infinity 40 call with polymer grip and Sv magwell. Being in NJ, with a 15 round limit, the stock magazines from STI are perfect. Only issue, stock basepads don't work with SV magwell.

I have 6 magazines all stock. I have tried the Dawson wedge ipsc pad and still does not seat.

What are my options? I don't need capacity as base mags already at limit.

New magwell and basepads? Or what basepads work with sv magwell?

Did you try a file. I did that years ago to make some fit in my mag well

I just filed the top edge of the base bad.

With the base pad off the mag ..so the mag did not get all scratched up

Edited by AlamoShooter

I am pretty sure the Double Alpha pads will fit for you.. Try Chuck at www.shootersconnection.com

Was reading some past threads and recall seeing that DAA will not work with SVI magwell.

The stock, flat STI basepads should work also.

The ones that come with magazines? Do not work, got 6 of them. =) They work with a Brazo's magwell, but not the stock SVI one. It is an option, but would prefer to keep SVI magwell if possible.

Did you try a file. I did that years ago to make some fit in my mag well

I just filed the top edge of the base bad.

With the base pad off the mag ..so the mag did not get all scratched up

I may have to do that. Only issue would be the mags would be in the magwell, so can probably add something to add length to them to seat them easily.

The ones that come with magazines? Do not work, got 6 of them. =) They work with a Brazo's magwell, but not the stock SVI one. It is an option, but would prefer to keep SVI magwell if possible.

My bad. I had to use the stock sti pads with 124mm tubes and they work fine on my sv.

My bad. I had to use the stock sti pads with 124mm tubes and they work fine on my sv.

Can you take a pic of the basepads?

did you have to modify them? Original SV magwell?

Maybe you can try original SV pads on your mags.

Yep, I know those would work, only thing is, since I do not need extra capacity, would hate to spend $35 per basepad, just to make the mag work.

In any case, took out the dremel and trimmed the STI basepads and after some time, got 3 of them working... but now I have another issue.... and I am new to the 2011 platform so bear with me...

3 of the magazines with basepad off, just the tube, will not lock into the gun with the slide closed. With the slide locked back, they will lock into place, however when I release the slide, it gets caught up somewhere and will not go into battery/closed.

Is this the dreaded "must tune sti mags" ?

Gun came with 4 mags, 3 svi and 1 sti that run like champs, however these are the first 6 mags I acquired personally.