Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Factory mags

cbr6864

I recently bought an EAA Witness steel full size and it is a beautiful shooting pistol, I ordered 2 mags from EAA and received 2 Mec-Gar mags I have had nothing but problems with them. Does anyone know where to get actual factory mags?

What caliber is your pistol? What markings are on the magazines? And what color are the magazine followers?

In .40 S&W, my magazine labeled K40 works perfectly with an OAL of 1.135". My K10 labeled mags work perfectly at 1.26" OAL. I was under the impression that Mec-Gar makes the factory mags now.

sorry for not posting needed info I have a 9mm that I bought new I ordered EA9M2005 18rd #101935-2 from EAA. The follower is kind of a orange/red the base plate is the same as my factory mag it is labeled "TANFOGLIO ITALY" the main body of the mag lacks round count markings only 2 holes in the side of mag. On the right side bottom it is labeled 9mm going up the side.

The mag that came with the gun is of much higher quality and labeled made in Italy. The Mec-Gar mags work but im having to adjust the mag constantly to get them to feed. They will run FMJ but not JHP. Also I can only get 14rds in and that took a huge effort.

Edited by cbr6864

sorry for not posting needed info I have a 9mm that I bought new I ordered EA9M2005 18rd #101935-2 from EAA. The follower is kind of a orange/red the base plate is the same as my factory mag it is labeled "TANFOGLIO ITALY" the main body of the mag lacks round count markings only 2 holes in the side of mag. On the right side bottom it is labeled 9mm going up the side.

The mag that came with the gun is of much higher quality and labeled made in Italy. The Mec-Gar mags work but im having to adjust the mag constantly to get them to feed. They will run FMJ but not JHP. Also I can only get 14rds in and that took a huge effort.

This is real simple, package up and return the two mags to EAA(need reciept) Attn.(name of person you spock with about retuning) . Tell the girl at EAA you would like to exchange these two for Mags marked K9 on the tube and have a black follower. Or just return them.

Midway and Henning carry K9's and Greg carries the Mec-Gar LF series in 9mm.

I'll try Greg Cote out when I get rid of these old red follower mags dont want to end up with 6 of these things. Its a shame to have such a fine shooting pistol with such completely worthless mags. What is worse is these companies trying to pass off these out dated mags with known problems in order to make a few $$. Midway should remove the pic of the K9 mag as that is out right false advertising. When I called them They told me that I would have to pay for shipping back. That is ridiculous as they advertised one product but sent me another. I will never buy anything from them again nor recommend them to anyone I know unless they fully refund all my money including shipping. I'll give them one more call to see if they will fix this if not i'll add them to the list of online companies i'll never do business with again.

As Mec-Gar makes factory mags for EAA is the LF series the same as the K9 but produced directly for Mec-Gar instead of EAA?

Edited by cbr6864

I'll try Greg Cote out when I get rid of these old red follower mags dont want to end up with 6 of these things. Its a shame to have such a fine shooting pistol with such completely worthless mags. What is worse is these companies trying to pass off these out dated mags with known problems in order to make a few $$. Midway should remove the pic of the K9 mag as that is out right false advertising. When I called them They told me that I would have to pay for shipping back. That is ridiculous as they advertised one product but sent me another. I will never buy anything from them again nor recommend them to anyone I know unless they fully refund all my money including shipping. I'll give them one more call to see if they will fix this if not i'll add them to the list of online companies i'll never do business with again.

As Mec-Gar makes factory mags for EAA is the LF series the same as the K9 but produced directly for Mec-Gar instead of EAA?

Is the Midway add for the mags still on their web? If so click on the blow-up of the mag and see if you can read k9 on the mag. If so, call back and get the floor manager to help. Your going to have to pay shipping and then they will refund that also.

You got the connection on the LF mags correct. I've got several of those besides the K9's and they work great!

Yes midway's add shows K9 very clear also 3 reviews which talk about the K9 mag. So the did sell them at some time, i called again and was told whatever they get from EAA is what they sell. Still doesnt make it right im going to have to call again to get my shipping paid for. Makes me really wish you could just buy these mags locally

Yes midway's add shows K9 very clear also 3 reviews which talk about the K9 mag. So the did sell them at some time, i called again and was told whatever they get from EAA is what they sell. Still doesnt make it right im going to have to call again to get my shipping paid for. Makes me really wish you could just buy these mags locally

Check Geg Cote's web, all calibers in stock-- $23.95/mag + $5.95 shipping for all mags ordered.

Well Midway agreed to pay for my full shipping cost but they did not post my review of the product which is not right as I didnt post anything negative about Midway only that the product shipped was not what was shown or described. I just didnt want others to waste their time ordering these mags only to find out that they received the old mags. It looks like this all goes back to EAA as they are trying to unload old mags any way they can but Midway should adjust their listing to reflect what they actually ship. Although im happy that Midway refunded all my money im not pleased at all they didnt post my review for that reason I dont think ill buy anything from them again.

I have since found some LF mags for $17 I ordered 3 for $59 shipped. I really hope these are the right ones

Well Midway agreed to pay for my full shipping cost but they did not post my review of the product which is not right as I didnt post anything negative about Midway only that the product shipped was not what was shown or described. I just didnt want others to waste their time ordering these mags only to find out that they received the old mags. It looks like this all goes back to EAA as they are trying to unload old mags any way they can but Midway should adjust their listing to reflect what they actually ship. Although im happy that Midway refunded all my money im not pleased at all they didnt post my review for that reason I dont think ill buy anything from them again.

I have since found some LF mags for $17 I ordered 3 for $59 shipped. I really hope these are the right ones

You might have done it to yourself again!

Compare Greg Cote's Mec-Gar page for Tangfolio and Mec-Gar's web for Tangfolio. You are shopping for the mags that have LF in the product # and AFC at the end. Those are direct replacement for the K Series that M-G makes for Tangfolio.

Now to confuse you more Mec-Gar made Propritary mags for the Witness guns before the new contract they signed with Tangfolio in 12/10. I have two of these in 38 Super that run fine. 9mm works also.

For $17/mag i think you have bought the old style Mec-Gar mags. They even made them for the small frame guns which are not imported any more. What is the web address for the place you ordered for $17/mag? That's a really good price on LF Mags!

My link

Here is where I bought them man I really hope these are the right ones because I bought 3 of them. They seem ok so far as far as shipping and email contact to confirm order. Guess ill wait and see.

If you got the MGWIT9LFAFC you got the right ones. Great price! The site showed 6 left and all sold/gone by the time i looked around a little. The other Witness caliber mags were the M-G old style.

Again you did good today. Knowledge and persistence paid off. I've never seen that price before!!

Well my mags arrived from FEDtactical direct and FINALLY I received the right mags personally I like the LF mags more than the K9 mags because of the base plate being flush fit which is the only difference. I still cant believe these mags were only $16.08 cant beat that.

Well my mags arrived from FEDtactical direct and FINALLY I received the right mags personally I like the LF mags more than the K9 mags because of the base plate being flush fit which is the only difference. I still cant believe these mags were only $16.08 cant beat that.

I think the mag spring is a little heavier than in the K9's.

I've seen several webs with similar pricing. They all include different Mec-Gar mags for sale--- their non-LF mags. I think M-G bundled the purchase of 9mm LF mags with thier discontinued old style. Telling their wholeSalers that if you take so many of the old style we will include so many of the 9mm LF series at a highly discounted price. Just marketing! Even Mec-Gar USA has to move new-old stock. If you think your going to need more mags try and buy while this sale is on. The web outlets i looked all only showed 5 or 6 in stock.