Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

3 gun matches around Pensacola

I have not yet found any near here. This area though beautiful, sadly is lacking in many gun match disciplines. I travel to Tallahassee and Dothen for USPSA pistol matches. I just built a huge range on my property just so I can shoot. They have some rifle and long gun matches, but no multigun. Some days I think I should start my own club. IDPA seems to be all I can find in P'cola. Good luck and if you find one, please post!

will do. I met Yancy from Tallahassee at last month's SEPSA match. Is Dothen farther away? I was going to start shooting USPSA pistol in Mobile. I have not shot IDPA before. I'll moving to the area at the end of the month.

Thanks for the info!

Chris

Dothan is about an hour and a half to two hours away. I live in Baker, near Crestview so for me its just as close as Mobile and much closer than Tally. They had some great matches in Marianna but recently stopped doing them. I am going to the Dothan match this weekend. Great group of people and they have a lot of fun. They shoot the 4th Sat of every month.

• 2 weeks later...

The Dothan club Tri State or something like that is pretty good. In addition to the USPSA and IDPA they also shoot a steel plate match and 22 match on other weekends of the month. For the limited amount of time I was in the Eglin area I shot of fair number of the steel matches. I didn't make any of the USPSA or IDPA matches there due to training or traveling. Another place you could look into is Escambia Rifle and Muzzleloader club. That might be the Marianna club that has stopped shooting. Lastly, I shot several matches with the club on Hurlburt. It is open to civilians. There is a link to the rifle club off the MWR page for Hurlburt. I would travel to Pasgaouha (spelling) for f-class, Dothan for steel and whatever, and Hurlburt for IDPA. I 100% agree with FLgrl. The shooting around Eglin/Pensacola is awful, unless you are willing to travel.

Mobile pistol shooters does a 5 stage IPSC match on the 2nd and 4th Saturdays of each month. The range is primitive, but there are two Texas stars and a load of steel, plus a first class group of shooters

Hey Chris I posted a few years ago on all the places to shoot in the pcola/destin area, a search may still find it, but like FLgirl said it is scarce and requires some driving. JohnMc (a good guy, like most at the mobile club) mentioned USPSA at www.mpsa.us which is about 2ish hours from pcola, they shoot USPSA twice a month and there is a guerilla movement gaining momentum to shoot 3 gun. We shot a carbine side match a couple weeks ago ran by Dyno on this forum. I've shot shotgun there as well. A good place for a consistent 3 gun is a new place that just opened in Blakely,GA. Phenomenal facility and they shoot 3 gun on the 4th Sunday, http://www.aimacademyga.com/ USPSA as well on the second Sunday I think. 2 more clubs are 4 hours away- www.eastalabamagunclub.com and www.scssa.org. Both shoot 3 gun or carbine or 2 gun matches. Poplarville, MS shoots a fantastic 3 gun with challenging natural terrain and bay stages. Go there for sure!!! There's a club in Woolmarket, MS that shoots also. Nothing near us, good thing gas is cheap...oh wait... I hope to see you around at the matches!

-N

I really dont understand this area. Almost every weekend I hear my neighbors all popping off their guns for fun. There is certainly people out here who would love to have some matches nearby but nobody is doing them. I know its quite an expense but there are economical ways to do it and gun ranges with plenty of space. And yeah, with the gas right now....I will have to just stay within that 2 hour ride for now. Sorry, just my frustration with the area, otherwise its a fantastic place to live!!

Thanks everyone. Yeah, I went to a couple of the local gunshops yesterday just to see what they carried and what the prices were. I shot the AL sectional at East Alabama and it was nice facility. This was my first week living here. I am going to start going to Mobile matches starting the 2nd week in May.

If you guys do a carbine or shotgun on inbetween weekends let me know. I will head out early to help set up.

Thanks,

Chris