Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

NSSF Sports Cast

ErichF

Late last year I had a chance to help produce a video about practical shooting with the National Shooting Sports Foundation while at a match down in Tampa. The video was to be a short expose’ on USPSA shooting competition from the perspective of a new competitor – me. Here is the result, for better or for worse, enjoy:

OK, someone tie my hands to the table next time :)

At the :26 second mark the guy running across breaks the 180 at least once

You are at a safe table area with loaded mags on the table?

With no context of the range layout, camera angles can be deceiving. The guy is running DOWNRANGE, not across, past the camera (unmanned). The table shoot portion was after the match was over and the range closed.

Edited by ErichF

Pretty surprising to have a “hall monitor” beat on the safety of the video right off the bat.

I think the video may get some people interested in USPSA. I think it isn’t a bad idea to have a “regular joe” shooting stages. That at least will not scare people off.

Pretty surprising to have a “hall monitor” beat on the safety of the video right off the bat.

I think the video may get some people interested in USPSA. I think it isn’t a bad idea to have a “regular joe” shooting stages. That at least will not scare people off.

Thanks, Ben! Dave thought it would be a great opportunity to showcase USPSA from an average Joe perspective, so he brought his gear down from CT and shot the match with me. This was also his first USPSA pistol match.

Erich