Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

5.25 double feeding EVERY MAG

38SuperDub

Ricky- just curious, what's your OAL with 147 over 3.1 TG? Sounds like something I am working on for my XDM 4.5. Loading a bit long to 1.150 with 3.2 TG.

Ricky- just curious, what's your OAL with 147 over 3.1 TG? Sounds like something I am working on for my XDM 4.5. Loading a bit long to 1.150 with 3.2 TG.

I load to 1.13 with 3.3 TG with a MG 147

Edited by waynes_world_45

• 3 weeks later...

I just want to throw this in there. I got my 5.25 in 9mm very soon after they came out, and at matches I've only seen mine and 2 others so far. Every single one of us have problems with the slide not locking back on an empty mag. Seems we all ride the slide release. Just throwing it out there in case you get your other grip problem under control. Don't be surprised to see this one pop up too. I still haven't conquered mine... I rarely go to slide lock, and just get used to once a match, going "click", rack and go.

I just want to throw this in there. I got my 5.25 in 9mm very soon after they came out, and at matches I've only seen mine and 2 others so far. Every single one of us have problems with the slide not locking back on an empty mag. Seems we all ride the slide release. Just throwing it out there in case you get your other grip problem under control. Don't be surprised to see this one pop up too. I still haven't conquered mine... I rarely go to slide lock, and just get used to once a match, going "click", rack and go.

This happened to me twice in one stage the last match I shot (a stage of all steel, got frustrated and lost my round count). I do have a tendancy to ride my thumb on the slide lock, and it does not take much to keep it from engaging on an empty mag. I am working on my grip to hopefully cure this, if that does not do the trick, might look at changing out the slide lock lever.