Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Update on STI Aluminum Grips

HotLoad

7 hours ago, Tino2212 said:

I you crack the polymer grips you almost sure wil crack the aluminium one .

i think you have some kind of problem with your gun ( fitting ) polymer grips almost never crack .

Two different guns, so that pretty much eliminates fitting issues right there. Both were stippled, so perhaps it weakened the area around the mag catch enough that inserting a full magazine at make ready or something cracked them. But I don't really feel like either of my big sticks are "hard" to insert (I use quotations because, let's be honest, they are never going to be as easy to insert as a production mag or something).

10 minutes ago, tmz said:

Well that's good to know I actually called them a while back that was the information I received over the phone but that's good if they are covering them. 

It could be old information on the website, but it says they are covered under FAQ's.

I guess if they did warranty them they would have to replace it with a  plastic  grip  because of what they say they no longer make the Aluminum anymore.  By now they should've just got on the same boat as many others and produce a steel grip. 

2 hours ago, Gooldylocks said:

Two different guns, so that pretty much eliminates fitting issues right there. Both were stippled, so perhaps it weakened the area around the mag catch enough that inserting a full magazine at make ready or something cracked them. But I don't really feel like either of my big sticks are "hard" to insert (I use quotations because, let's be honest, they are never going to be as easy to insert as a production mag or something).

Oke if they were stippled and maybe  reduced  then that could be the issue .

when you heat polymer too much   you change its structure and it becomes brittle .

Edited by Tino2212

Phoenix Trinity sells an aluminum grip and according to them it will easily withstand major pf ammo.  I personally have an STI aluminum grip on one of my limited guns and it's held up really well for about 5-7k rounds.  That's still early in the gun's lifespan, but one of my buddies has one and his is fine too.